Greener Homes EnerGuide Evaluation (NFLD)
What is a Greener Homes EnerGuide Evaluation?
A short one-to-three-hour EnerGuide Evaluation (also referred to as a Home Energy Assessment) with one of our Energy Advisors will determine the energy efficiency of your home and provide you with a modelled report of energy efficient upgrades to help plan your home renovation.
An EnerGuide Evaluation will:
- Assess your attic, cathedral ceiling, flat roof insulation, wall insulation, pony wall insulation, and basement.
- Assess your primary/supplemental heating systems and your domestic hot water heating system.
- Determine air leakage and loss of heat in your home.
- Generate an accurate EnerGuide Rating for your home.
- Provide a modelled report outlining what changes should be made to maximize efficiency in your home.
Once your renovation is complete, contact us and our Energy Advisor return to your home for a Post Retrofit Evaluation.
A Post Retrofit Evaluation will:
- Involve a review of the completed energy retrofits since your first evaluation.
- Reassess the air leakage and loss of heat in your home.
- Generate an updated EnerGuide Rating for your home.
- Obtain copies of receipts and application forms to help secure any potential rebates from the federal government’s Greener Homes Program.
All rebate documentation will be submitted by Sustainable Housing on your behalf. Any rebates will be directly mailed to you.
Our Energy Advisors are happy to assist you with any questions during your EnerGuide Evaluation or your Post Retrofit Evaluation. You can also reach out to us anytime: Contact Us
Cost of a Greener Homes EnerGuide Evaluation
The cost of an initial Greener Homes EnerGuide Evaluation is $599+HST and $199+HST for a Post Retrofit Evaluation. In this package, you receive an EnerGuide Evaluation of your home with a detailed report about the findings and recommendations for energy saving upgrades. If you complete at least one recommended Greener Homes upgrade, you will be reimbursed up to $599 of that fee after your Post Retrofit Evaluation is complete.
What is an EnerGuide Rating?
An EnerGuide Rating is proof that your house was tested under official guidelines from Natural Resources Canada by a certified Energy Advisor. Within a couple of weeks after the Post Retrofit Evaluation, an official EnerGuide label will be mailed to you. An EnerGuide label is a valuable asset if you plan to sell your home. For more information, please visit Natural Resources Canada:
Please call us at 1-877-722-2842 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details!
Newfoundland applicants begin their journey by booking an EnerGuide Evaluation through Sustainable Housing. Please click below to view the complete walkthrough for your EnerGuide evaluation and process through the Greener Homes Program.