Home Insulation Program (PEI)
What is a Home Insulation Program assessment?
A short one-to-three-hour Home Insulation Program assessment (also referred to as a Home Energy Assessment) with one of our Energy Advisors will determine the energy efficiency of your home. This assessment will also provide you with a modelled report of energy efficient upgrades to help plan your home renovation.
A Home Insulation Program assessment will:
- Assess your attic, cathedral ceiling, flat roof insulation, wall insulation, pony wall insulation, and basement.
- Assess your primary/supplemental heating systems and your domestic hot water heating system.
- Determine air leakage and loss of heat in your home.
- Generate an accurate EnerGuide Rating for your home.
- Provide a modelled report outlining what changes should be made to maximize efficiency in your home.
Once your renovation is complete, contact us and our Energy Advisor return to your home for a Post Retrofit Evaluation to help you secure your rebate, if applicable.
A Post Retrofit Evaluation will:
- Involve a review of the completed energy retrofits since your first evaluation.
- Reassess the air leakage and loss of heat in your home.
- Generate an updated EnerGuide Rating for your home.
- Obtain copies of receipts and application forms to complete your rebate.
All rebate documentation will be submitted by Sustainable Housing on your behalf. Any rebates will be directly mailed to you.
Our Energy Advisors are happy to assist you with any questions during your Home Insulation Program assessment or your Post Retrofit Evaluation. You can also reach out to us anytime: Contact Us
Cost of a Home Insulation Program assessment
The cost of an assessment for electric and non-electrically heated homes is $199+HST. For this low fee you receive a Home Insulation Program assessment of your home with a detailed report about the findings and recommendations for energy saving upgrades. You will then receive a Post Retrofit Evaluation after you complete your upgrades.
If you complete at least one recommended Greener Homes upgrade, you will be reimbursed for $100 of that fee after your Post Retrofit Evaluation is complete.
What is an EnerGuide Rating?
An EnerGuide Rating is proof that your house was tested under official guidelines from Natural Resources Canada by a certified Energy Advisor. Within a couple of weeks after the Post Retrofit Evaluation, an official EnerGuide label will be provided to you. An EnerGuide label is a valuable asset if you plan to sell your home. For more information, please visit Natural Resources Canada:
Home Insulation Program assessment and Greener Homes Program Information
Efficiency PEI has launched their updated Home Energy Assessment + Greener Homes program with partners like Sustainable Housing:
- The cost of an assessment for electric and non-electrically heated homes is $199+HST. For this low fee you receive a great evaluation of your home with a detailed report about the findings and recommendations for energy saving upgrades. You also receive a follow up evaluation after you complete your upgrades at no additional cost. If you complete at least one recommended Greener Homes upgrade, you will be reimbursed for $100 of that fee after completing your follow up visit.
- The cost of a Home Insulation Program Assessment through Efficiency PEI without access to any Greener Homes Program rebates is $99+HST.
- You can learn more about the programs here.
- In Prince Edward Island, you can apply for the Greener Homes program and select Sustainable Housing as your preferred Service Organization here.
Please call us at 1-877-722-2842 or email us at email@example.com for all the details!
Prince Edward Island Walkthrough.
Prince Edward Island applicants begin their journey by booking an EnerGuide Evaluation through Sustainable Housing. Please click below to view the complete walkthrough for your EnerGuide evaluation and process through the Greener Homes Program.